Authors are invited to submit original research articles within the broad scope of the journal. Please use the following guidelines.
- Please submit an electronic copy of your paper in WORD to the appropriate Regional Editor with a copy to the Editor-in-Chief. The regional editors’ names, addresses and e-mails can be found at www.ijoqm.org.
- Manuscripts, written in English, should be double-spaced with one-inch margin on all four sides and formatted for double-blind refereeing.
- A brief abstract (maximum 100 words) should be included at the beginning of the manuscript, followed by keywords. Keywords will be used for indexing and identifying suitable reviewers.
- Footnotes should not be used unless absolutely necessary.
- It is assumed that manuscript is original and has neither been published nor is being simultaneously considered by another journal.
- No submission fee is required.
- The editors will strive to provide a prompt turnaround time between submission and publication. To expedite the reviewing process, authors are encouraged to suggest (up to five) names of potential reviewers. Please enclose their names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses. The editors are, however, under no obligation to seek opinions from suggested referees.
- Submission of a manuscript automatically implies that no copyrights have been violated. Upon acceptance of the manuscript, all rights would be transferred to the publisher.
- References should be as per Elsevier SCOPUS style. Please refer to the sample paper posted on the journal’s website.
- The Regional Editor will make an initial determination of the suitability of the manuscript. Papers that lack clarity or are outside the scope of the journal will not be sent for review.
- The Regional Editor will send the manuscript to at least two competent referees.
- The Regional Editor will make a recommendation after receiving reports from the referees.
- Based on the recommendation, the Editor-in-Chief will determine whether the manuscript should be accepted, rejected, or revised.
- The Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to make changes in the above procedure and retains the final decision on any submission.
- For manuscripts in need of revision, authors will be required to revise their manuscript within two months. Manuscripts received after two months will be treated as new submissions.
- The authors should clearly demonstrate their responses to the reviewers’ comments in a separate document.
- An electronic copy in WORD should be submitted.
After a manuscript is accepted, the authors will be required to format the paper using the following guidelines:
- Names and affiliations of all authors should be listed immediately after the title of the article. An abstract (maximum 100 words) and a list of keywords (not exceeding six) should be included.
- All tables and figures should be consecutively numbered, titled in the journal style.
- Authors will also be required to provide an electronic copy of the final paper in WORD and PDF.
- Brief biographies (100 words maximum each author) of authors should be enclosed.
- Galley-proofs will be sent to the submitting author. Corrections should be made within two days. Major modifications can not be made at this stage. Authors will be charged for extensive corrections at this stage.
- To defray printing costs, authors are asked to pay a nominal charge of $20 per printed journal page. Included in this charge is a one-year membership of INFOMS (www.infoms.net) provided a membership form is received along with the page charges. INFOMS members will receive printed copies of the journal and will also have online access. If one author is employed by a cosponsoring institution, this charge will be waived. Acceptance decision is purely on the merit of the paper and completely independent of the page charge. The page charge may be reduced or waived at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief.
- The author will be mailed PDF file of the article and a hard copy of the journal within ten days of publication.
- We will send the PDF file of the article, on your behalf, to authors’ friends, colleagues and peers if a request is made within one month of the publication. Please provide a list of individuals in an excel sheet with recipients’ names, name of the schools/organization, and their e-mails.
- The publisher reserves the right to make changes in the above procedure and retains the final decision on any submission.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Editor in Chief:
Dr. Omprakash K. Gupta
College of Business
University of Houston
320 N. Main Street, Suite 467
Houston, TX 77002, USA